среда, 1 октября 2008 г.

(in)Dependent State?!

Original: (in)Dependent State?!


A man hangs out flags representing the Georgian breakaway regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and of Russia and Nicaragua on top of the burned hotel and restaurant Abkhazia in Sukhumi. Russia and Nicaragua are the only countries to have recognized the independence of Abkhazia and south Ossetia. (Photo by Sophia Mizante)  from eurasianet.org

I was born in Abkhazia, Sokhumi. There is a little I remember about it but it was something my parents and relatives gentely installed in me. It was growing with me all these years. Now its 22 years old. Not a child anymore. It's much more mature then others in this age and pre is never perfect as it sounds in the books.
yestarday I was asked to answer some questions for Macedonian (yes, say Macedonia) newspaper and one sounded like this: how do Georgians look at Abkhazians? If you want general attitude of society I would say, for them Abkhazia is taken-away home. Georgians feel like betrayed by a family member for a promised gold. Yes, Georgians feel sorry for Abkhazians and call them as victims of Russian politics. You will often  hear Georgans saying that one day Abkhazians will understand what a huge mistake they did and wish to be with Georgians again. The hatred that exists today is a result of this coflict and not the reason for this, it was long time ago planned conflict (like other conflicts in the caucasus) by soviets that appeared to have a far reached results.  

I am not sad, I am just sad, as  well as I am not pessimistic , just not optimistic as well.... just now, for a moment......

Комментариев нет: