пятница, 24 апреля 2009 г.

Here Should Have Been a Title About Georgia that is Always on My Mind...

Original: Here Should Have Been a Title About Georgia that is Always on My Mind...

... I had a dream the other night. I dreamt about Tbilisi. The streets of the capital were full with thousands of protesters. Again? I thought to myself. What was most concerning, the capital had become a city of cells, yes cells, literally CELLS with volunteers inside, and there were people, probably organizers who had masks on their faces and were fooling people. What was most sad: these masses trusted and supported them.... I don't believe in dreams but this was a special one. I woke up all stressed and called Tbilisi. Soon I found out that it wasn't just a dream, it was what ectually has started in Georgia...
... So, from dreams back to reality. The opposition rallies continue in the capital of Tbilisi... 
If asking for my opinion, I would express my deep concern about ongoing events in Georgia and would call opposition s this opposition have a plan? I never succeeded to get any argumentative answer on this question. 
So, you can think of me as a suporter of Georgian president or whatever, it's your right, but what I care most is the future of my country. I am deeply concerned of seeing Tbilisi as a "city of cells and tants" again and again and hearing hundreds of unacceptable speeches during these protests in Tbilisi. I am tired of hearing how foreign journalists tell my Georgian collegues, what a nice place my country is because even when there is nothing going on in the world to report, there are always some protests, rallies and revolutions in Georgia...
What I suggest? I would have advices not only for Georgian government and opposition, but for western Institutions as well. Concerning local authorities, I am for stopping this circus and starting a dialogue between the current government and the opposition. As for International community, I would call for their higher level support sic security. This is one area w

Комментариев нет: